Chimney fire at Gittisham
Small fire found.
Firefighters from Honiton were called to a small chimney fire at a thatched property.
Two fire appliances attended the incident at Beaumont Cottages in Gittisham, at 11.27am, today (Wednesday).
Crews found a fire in the hearth of a property, which involved a birds best.
The thatch was not affected.
You may also want to watch:
Chimney gear, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera were used to extinguish the fire.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track