Chimney fire at Musbury

PUBLISHED: 08:57 24 October 2011 | UPDATED: 08:57 24 October 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine


Colyton firefighters remove wood burner.

Firefighters from Colyton have today (Monday) removed a woodburning stove from a house in Musbury to gain access to a fire in a chimney.

Emergency services were called to the address at 12.31am.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On attendance, crews worked to extinguish a fire in the chimney involving a woodburning stove, using small tools, a thermal imaging camera and chimney rods.

“The wood burner was removed to gain access to the chimney.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald