Chimney fire at Musbury

Colyton firefighters remove wood burner.

Firefighters from Colyton have today (Monday) removed a woodburning stove from a house in Musbury to gain access to a fire in a chimney.

Emergency services were called to the address at 12.31am.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On attendance, crews worked to extinguish a fire in the chimney involving a woodburning stove, using small tools, a thermal imaging camera and chimney rods.

“The wood burner was removed to gain access to the chimney.”