Chimney fire at Seaton
PUBLISHED: 11:01 26 April 2016 | UPDATED: 11:02 26 April 2016
Crew removes asbestos sheet from rear of log burner
Seaton Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Beer Road yesterday (Monday, April 25).
On arrival, at 11.55am, the crew got to work quickly using chimney gear and asked for additional assistance for positive pressure ventilation. One crew from Colyton was mobilised.
Whilst at work the crews removed a half metre squared sheet of asbestos from the rear of the log burner. Control measures were put in place and arrangements made for the correct disposal.
Crews used chimney gears, safety at height equipment and one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.