Chimney fire at thatched property

PUBLISHED: 17:59 05 July 2010 | UPDATED: 17:59 05 July 2010

Emergency Fire Services

Emergency Fire Services


Upottery blaze started in an Aga.

A FIRE at a thatched property in Upottery started in an Aga, Devon and Somerset fire and Rescue Service has said.

Two fire appliances from Honiton were tasked to tackle the blaze, at 11.15am on Monday.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald