Chimney fire in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 14:14 10 September 2014 | UPDATED: 14:14 10 September 2014


One fire appliance from the town called to the scene.

Firefighters from Honiton were called to a chimney fire in the town.

The incident at Tracey Road happened yesterday (Tuesday), at around 8.50pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews extinguished the fire using chimney gear, a triple extension ladder and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald