Chimney fire in Upottery

PUBLISHED: 15:35 23 April 2014 | UPDATED: 15:35 23 April 2014

Archant

Honiton firefighters called to the scene.

Firefighters from Honiton were called to a chimney fire in Upottery today (Wednesday).

Two fire engines from the town attended the incident, which occurred at around 1.20pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The chimney fire involved a wood burning stove and crews dealt with the incident using chimney gear.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald