Chimney fire spreads
Firefighters from Seaton, Colyton and Sidmouth tackle blaze.
FIREFIGHTERS from Seaton requested back-up after arriving at the scene of a chimney fire last night.
Seaton watch commander Robin Hammett made the request after finding a house in Underleys, Beer, heavily smoke-logged and the blaze spreading.
A crew from Colyton and, later, a third crew from Sidmouth attended the scene.
Shortly before 10pm on Friday night, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire in the chimney has spread to the first floor bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews are fighting the fire with two breathing apparatus wearers using one hose reel, chimney gear and small tools. “Crews are cutting away joists, a thermal imaging camera is now in use.”
UPDATE: Floor joists in the property were severely damaged by the fire.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts