Chimney fire spreads
Firefighters from Seaton, Colyton and Sidmouth tackle blaze.
FIREFIGHTERS from Seaton requested back-up after arriving at the scene of a chimney fire last night.
Seaton watch commander Robin Hammett made the request after finding a house in Underleys, Beer, heavily smoke-logged and the blaze spreading.
A crew from Colyton and, later, a third crew from Sidmouth attended the scene.
Shortly before 10pm on Friday night, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire in the chimney has spread to the first floor bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews are fighting the fire with two breathing apparatus wearers using one hose reel, chimney gear and small tools. “Crews are cutting away joists, a thermal imaging camera is now in use.”
UPDATE: Floor joists in the property were severely damaged by the fire.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism