Chimney fire tackled in Stockland

PUBLISHED: 10:05 24 February 2012

Archant

Firefighters from Axminster extinguish blaze.

A chimney fire involving a wood-burning stove was tackled by firefighters from Axminster yesterday (Thursday).

The blaze, at Pondslake, Stockland, was reported to the emergency services at 1.49pm and one fire appliance was sent to the scene.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters used chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

“The crews made steady progress, extinguishing the fire, and used a 135 ladder, a hose reel jet and safety at height equipment,” a spokesman said.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald