Chimney fire tackled in Stockland

Firefighters from Axminster extinguish blaze.

A chimney fire involving a wood-burning stove was tackled by firefighters from Axminster yesterday (Thursday).

The blaze, at Pondslake, Stockland, was reported to the emergency services at 1.49pm and one fire appliance was sent to the scene.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters used chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

“The crews made steady progress, extinguishing the fire, and used a 135 ladder, a hose reel jet and safety at height equipment,” a spokesman said.