Choral society hands its assets to Gateway Theatre Company in Seaton as it disbands
- Credit: Archant
With Seaton Choral Society winding up its operations, it has handed over its assets to the Gateway Theatre Company in the town.
Seaton Choral Society has handed all of its surplus assets to the Gateway Theatre Company as its last act before winding up as charity.
The society has a long history in Seaton but decided to call it a day due to a drop in the number of singers to perform the classic, big choral works and the difficulty of finding volunteers to manage the society.
Karen Curnock, secretary of Seaton Choral Society, said: "The group decided to gift its surplus assets to the Gateway Theatre Company, Seaton, in recognition that their aim of bringing arts and culture to Seaton is similar to the society's aim of promoting education and appreciation of music.
"The Gateway is a vital public events venue in Seaton and does much to encourage local participation, as well as, in particular, developing young talent in musical theatre."
You may also want to watch:
The assets included an electric piano which is already being well-used at the Gateway and a cheque.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre