Christians are not immune to the world around them
‘I’m still looking for presents’.
This close to Christmas, I’m sure everything should be done and this Thought should be a gentle and genial reflection on the warmth and wonder of the season.
But, as usual, I’m still looking for presents, writing sermons and trying to fit lots into a busy schedule. I’m not feeling terribly warm and ‘Christmassy’.
But that’s OK. Jesus never said “you must always have a warm glow and have an inane smile plastered on your face”.
He promised to be with us always and that if we allow him to he will give us peace ‘that passes all understanding’ – but he never told his followers: “Don’t worry, be happy.”
You may also want to watch:
Christians aren’t immune to the world around or deaf to those for whom life isn’t good. The Bible says: “weep with those who weep, rejoice with those who rejoice.” Next week I’ll be rejoicing, for now there’s work to be done.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 8 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Axe Valley Runners wear the national jersey