Christians are ‘not perfect’
Thought for the week
Someone once said to me that the best and worst adverts for Christian faith are Christians themselves.
It’s true up to a point, but I would probably say the best advert for the Christian faith is Jesus himself!
Many people find Jesus fascinating, inspiring, thought provoking – but are turned off by church and by the ‘religion’ that has sprung up around Jesus.
It’s true the church has built up 2,000 years of tradition around Jesus, but, at the same time, we still hold true to the simple teaching and follow the example of the man who was God, who showed through his life, death and resurrection the love of God.
You may also want to watch:
He still, we believe, shows us the life and love of God.
Christians aren’t perfect, we’re all looking for God and see more of him through Jesus - try your local local church to find out more!
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax