Christmas Day fire in Lyme Regis

PUBLISHED: 06:54 27 December 2009 | UPDATED: 00:43 16 June 2010

DORSET Fire and Rescue Service has issued a warning to householders not to leave candles unattended following a Christmas Day fire in Lyme Regis.

DORSET Fire and Rescue Service has issued a warning to householders not to leave candles unattended following a Christmas Day fire in Lyme Regis.

The occupants of a three-storey property in Coombe Street were out when a fire alarm alerted a neighbour.

The fire, which broke out in the afternoon, has been described as a 'major' incident.

Part of the ground floor was damaged, along with personal possessions.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald