Christmas is dying in Honiton
Half a day of free parking won’t help, says reader.
Is it just me or is the Christmas spirit dying in Honiton? Next year, if we can’t find a business to take on the expense of providing a tree, we won’t have one!
We haven’t had a late night shopping event for a few years now (yes, we are having the market on Christmas Eve but most people will only be shopping for last minute food items). We aren’t supposed to moan, because, after all, we are having free parking for an afternoon on ONE day. Wow.
Personally, I don’t see that this will encourage many people to visit Honiton at all.
Shops are struggling to stay afloat. A little more help from the council wouldn’t go amiss.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs D Wood
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect