Christmas windfall for honiton organisations
They share �4,500.
ORGANISATIONS in Honiton have received a Christmas windfall - after participating in a Rotary Club community raffle.
Clubs from across the district banded together to organise the raffle, which raised an incredible �25,000.
Rotarian Mike Huxtable told The Midweek Herald that participating groups in Honiton received a �4,500 share of the proceeds. They received cash from the tickets they sold.
“Twenty-one organisations from Honiton participated by selling the draw tickets,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“And two local residents won prizes - one for �250 and the other for �50.”
Mr Huxtable said the Rotary Club of Honiton would like to thank all those who supported the raffle.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 William conquers 200 books
- 4 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 5 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 6 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 7 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 8 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
a wide range of organisations are set to benefit - and at a time when securing grants is getting harder and harder.