Christmas windfall for honiton organisations
They share �4,500.
ORGANISATIONS in Honiton have received a Christmas windfall - after participating in a Rotary Club community raffle.
Clubs from across the district banded together to organise the raffle, which raised an incredible �25,000.
Rotarian Mike Huxtable told The Midweek Herald that participating groups in Honiton received a �4,500 share of the proceeds. They received cash from the tickets they sold.
“Twenty-one organisations from Honiton participated by selling the draw tickets,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“And two local residents won prizes - one for �250 and the other for �50.”
Mr Huxtable said the Rotary Club of Honiton would like to thank all those who supported the raffle.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
a wide range of organisations are set to benefit - and at a time when securing grants is getting harder and harder.