Christmas windfall for honiton organisations
They share �4,500.
ORGANISATIONS in Honiton have received a Christmas windfall - after participating in a Rotary Club community raffle.
Clubs from across the district banded together to organise the raffle, which raised an incredible �25,000.
Rotarian Mike Huxtable told The Midweek Herald that participating groups in Honiton received a �4,500 share of the proceeds. They received cash from the tickets they sold.
“Twenty-one organisations from Honiton participated by selling the draw tickets,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“And two local residents won prizes - one for �250 and the other for �50.”
Mr Huxtable said the Rotary Club of Honiton would like to thank all those who supported the raffle.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
a wide range of organisations are set to benefit - and at a time when securing grants is getting harder and harder.