Christmas windfall for honiton organisations
They share �4,500.
ORGANISATIONS in Honiton have received a Christmas windfall - after participating in a Rotary Club community raffle.
Clubs from across the district banded together to organise the raffle, which raised an incredible �25,000.
Rotarian Mike Huxtable told The Midweek Herald that participating groups in Honiton received a �4,500 share of the proceeds. They received cash from the tickets they sold.
“Twenty-one organisations from Honiton participated by selling the draw tickets,” he said.
“And two local residents won prizes - one for �250 and the other for �50.”
Mr Huxtable said the Rotary Club of Honiton would like to thank all those who supported the raffle.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
a wide range of organisations are set to benefit - and at a time when securing grants is getting harder and harder.