Church packed for Axminster Service of Remembrance
Axminster turns out in force to remember the fallen
THE people of Axminster turned out in force to wear their poppies with pride on Sunday.
They joined members of the Royal British Legion and local unformed organisations to parade to the parish church for the annual service of remembrance.
Afterwards the exhortation was read on the Minster Green by Legion secretary John Vanderwolfe, before the laying of wreaths.
Standards were carried by RBL members Douglas Hull, Alan Brown and Leanne Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
After the ceremony Mr Hull said they had been delighted with the large turnout.
He said: “We were especially pleased to see so many younger people this year both at the remembrance service and the two minutes’ silence on Thursday. It is very encouraging.”
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help