Civic welcome for college's new principal
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town s mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town's mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
The photograph was taken this morning (Wednesday) at The Glen, where Mr Smith was among a party from the college who were introducing guests to community initiatives being undertaken by students.
Following a briefing at the college, led by assistant principal Andrew Holt, visitors were shown an example of the college's work in the community. Students and staff showed how they are creating a bog garden at The Glen.
Mr smith, who formally takes up his post in September, replacing long-serving Norman Tyson, said: "The college is not a bolt-on of the community.
You may also want to watch:
"It is not an exams factory.
"We have to turn out rounded citizens of the future.
- 1 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 2 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
"Community cohesion is high on our agenda."
Mr Holt gave a briefing to Honiton Town Council on Monday night. Read what he had to say on this website (scroll down the story list).