Civic welcome for college's new principal
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town s mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town's mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
The photograph was taken this morning (Wednesday) at The Glen, where Mr Smith was among a party from the college who were introducing guests to community initiatives being undertaken by students.
Following a briefing at the college, led by assistant principal Andrew Holt, visitors were shown an example of the college's work in the community. Students and staff showed how they are creating a bog garden at The Glen.
Mr smith, who formally takes up his post in September, replacing long-serving Norman Tyson, said: "The college is not a bolt-on of the community.
You may also want to watch:
"It is not an exams factory.
"We have to turn out rounded citizens of the future.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 School recognised for appliance of science
- 3 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 7 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 8 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
"Community cohesion is high on our agenda."
Mr Holt gave a briefing to Honiton Town Council on Monday night. Read what he had to say on this website (scroll down the story list).