Civic welcome for college's new principal
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town s mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town's mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
The photograph was taken this morning (Wednesday) at The Glen, where Mr Smith was among a party from the college who were introducing guests to community initiatives being undertaken by students.
Following a briefing at the college, led by assistant principal Andrew Holt, visitors were shown an example of the college's work in the community. Students and staff showed how they are creating a bog garden at The Glen.
Mr smith, who formally takes up his post in September, replacing long-serving Norman Tyson, said: "The college is not a bolt-on of the community.
"It is not an exams factory.
"We have to turn out rounded citizens of the future.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 7 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 8 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 9 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 10 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
"Community cohesion is high on our agenda."
Mr Holt gave a briefing to Honiton Town Council on Monday night. Read what he had to say on this website (scroll down the story list).