Civic welcome for college's new principal
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town s mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
GLENN Smith, the new principal of Honiton Community College, meets the town's mayor, Councillor Vivienne Ash.
The photograph was taken this morning (Wednesday) at The Glen, where Mr Smith was among a party from the college who were introducing guests to community initiatives being undertaken by students.
Following a briefing at the college, led by assistant principal Andrew Holt, visitors were shown an example of the college's work in the community. Students and staff showed how they are creating a bog garden at The Glen.
Mr smith, who formally takes up his post in September, replacing long-serving Norman Tyson, said: "The college is not a bolt-on of the community.
"It is not an exams factory.
"We have to turn out rounded citizens of the future.
- 1 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 2 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 3 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 4 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 5 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Historic charter day back in Honiton this July
- 9 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 10 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
"Community cohesion is high on our agenda."
Mr Holt gave a briefing to Honiton Town Council on Monday night. Read what he had to say on this website (scroll down the story list).