Ladbrokes announce odds for top Independent MP candidates
- Credit: Archant
East Devon could be the constituency most likely to get an Independent MP at the General Election, according to a national bookmaker.
Bookies at Ladbrokes have put Claire Wright at 7/4 for the East Devon seat on December 12.
At the time of writing, Conservative candidate Simon Jupp was the favourite at 2/5.
The company tweeted odds for selected Independent candidates nationally, and put Cllr Wright ahead of Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield, 2/1), David Gauke (NE Herts, 4/1), George Galloway (West Bromwich E, 8/1) and Chris Williamson (Derby North, 20/1).
On December 12, Cllr Wright is contesting the seat vacated by Conservative Sir Hugo Swire.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of East Devon candidates is Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party candidate), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit), Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 5 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region
- 9 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 10 Virtual handicap race for Axe Valley Runners