Ladbrokes announce odds for top Independent MP candidates
- Credit: Archant
East Devon could be the constituency most likely to get an Independent MP at the General Election, according to a national bookmaker.
Bookies at Ladbrokes have put Claire Wright at 7/4 for the East Devon seat on December 12.
At the time of writing, Conservative candidate Simon Jupp was the favourite at 2/5.
The company tweeted odds for selected Independent candidates nationally, and put Cllr Wright ahead of Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield, 2/1), David Gauke (NE Herts, 4/1), George Galloway (West Bromwich E, 8/1) and Chris Williamson (Derby North, 20/1).
On December 12, Cllr Wright is contesting the seat vacated by Conservative Sir Hugo Swire.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of East Devon candidates is Peter Faithfull (Independent), Henry Gent (Green Party), Simon Jupp (The Conservative Party candidate), Eleanor Rylance (Liberal Democrats - To stop Brexit), Dan Wilson (The Labour Party candidate) and Claire Wright (Independent).
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people