Clerk leaves Honiton Town Council
- Credit: Archant
Chetna Jones has relinquished her position to seek a fresh challenge.
The clerk for Honiton Town Council has left the authority for good, it has been revealed.
Chetna Jones had been absent from the council for an extended period, but recent discussions were held regarding the possibilities of a return to work.
A council spokesman said: “During these discussions it became clear that it would be in the best interests both of Mrs Jones and of the council for Mrs Jones to relinquish her position and seek a fresh challenge.
“She stepped down from her position on October 20. The council and Mrs Jones now consider the matter closed and will be making no further comment.
You may also want to watch:
“The council wishes Mrs Jones well for the future and thanks her for the positive contributions she has made to the town council in recent years.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home