Caught on camera: dramatic cliff fall in Sidmouth
- Credit: Terry Whitmore
Did you see the cliff fall today?
A large cliff fall kicked up a dust cloud at East Beach in Sidmouth this morning (Friday, October 16).
Terry Whitmore from Exmouth was visiting the town and enjoying a walk along the seafront at the time of the fall.
She said: “It happened at 10.25am. There was a small fall just before the large one.
“It was an amazing sight. You could taste the dust.”
You may also want to watch:
This latest cliff fall highlights just how dangerous this stretch of the coastline is and how susceptible it is to erosion.
It comes after a monitoring station was recently installed at Port Royal to observe and record changes caused by coastal erosion.
- 1 Ultra marathon victory for Axe Valley Runner
- 2 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 3 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 4 Bikes and bakes: Grace and Lily are inspired by Captain Tom
- 5 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 6 Have your say on future development of village
- 7 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 8 Property of the Week: Jubilee House
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The questions of British Lions selection
The public are strongly advised not to use this beach with fresh warning signs in place at the access point on the new bridge to deter any would-be adventurers.
Did you happen to see today’s cliff fall? Get in touch: You can leave a comment or send a photo at: email@example.com