Co-op bananas and wine go down a treat
Free Fairtrade goods snapped up by pensioners. Wine went “straight away”.
FREE Fairtrade produce went down a treat in Honiton.
Everything from wines and bananas were snapped up by those attending an open meeting of Honiton Senior Council, held at the Royal British Legion Club on Monday.
The Co-operative generously supplied the goods - to promote Fairtrade Fortnight.
“It was very popular and every item was consumed,” said Tony Simpson, secretary of Honiton Senior Council.
You may also want to watch:
“We had bananas, grapes, chocolates, cakes, cereals, all types of coffee, drinking chocolate, juices, wines and beers.
“The wine went straight away.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents