Co-op fund boosted at Lions’ ‘cheque-out’
Club gives �200 towards Seaton supermarket’s fund raising for the Devon Air Ambulance
Seaton and District Lions Club presented a giant cheque for �200 to its local Co-op store on Friday.
Members had raised the money during a collection day outside the Harbour Road supermarket earlier this year.
They returned to present the money to manager Di Hawkins to donate to the Co-op’s nominated charity this year – the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
Lions officials expressed their thanks to the store for allowing this and other collections to be made there during the year. It enabled them to donate money to worthy local people and causes.
The latest collection at the Co-Op, on Sunday, will be presented to the League of Friends of Seaton Hospital.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 5 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 6 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 7 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 8 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance Helicopter in need of repair following an emergency mission to Dartmoor