Co-op helps promote Axminster events
- Credit: Archant
People can now check out what’s happening in Axminster thanks to a local supermarket.
A new notice board, providing information about local events, has been put up outside the town's West Street Co-op store.
A previous board, erected by the town's Tourist Information Centre (TIC), was damaged beyond repair in last year's storms. Axminster Heritage Centre, which now houses the TIC, decided to put up a new one.
It approached the Co-op, which were provided space on its wall nearby.
The new board is on the walkway from the store and car park into Church Street, beside the doctors' surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Store manager James West said: "The Co-op is always willing to support community activities.
Nigel Sadler, manager at Axminster Heritage, said the board would advertise their own activities as well other community events. To display an A4 poster or handbill, people can leave it at the heritage centre, in Silver Street.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis