Co-operative’s Community Fund reaches milestone
Massive �53,000 shared among 55 community groups since beginning of the year.
The co-operative’s Community fund has reached a milestone in East Devon.
Fifty five community groups have benefited from a share of �53,000 since the beginning of the year.
The pot of cash is raised by customers who opt to donate all or part of their annual dividend to local good causes.
Gareth Dempster, Co-operative and membership officer for North, East, West Devon and Somerset, said: “The generosity of members in the area has been making a real impact to community groups on the ground, from football clubs, who will be stepping out in new kit, to village halls that have had vital repairs carried out thanks to the funding.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to thank our customers who have contributed to the Community Fund and we would encourage more people to consider pledging their dividend in the future to ensure that the mutually beneficial scheme continues to support East Devon groups at grass roots level.”
Co-operative Members can donate their share of profits to local Community Groups by visiting www.s.coop/donate.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
Community Fund application forms are available online at www.co-operative.coop/communityfund