Cold snap sees temperatures drop to -4.5
Freezing conditions across East Devon and West Dorset.
RESIDENTS across East Devon and West Dorset awoke to sub-zero temperatures today (Monday).
The Midweek Herald recorded a temperature of -4.5 on the Axminster by-pass and -3 at Taunton Cross.
Snow, which fell on the Devon and Dorset border overnight on Friday, is still lying across hills, although it did not settle on roads.
Weather forecasters predict even colder weather to come, with strengthening winds.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 6 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire