Cold snap sees temperatures drop to -4.5
Freezing conditions across East Devon and West Dorset.
RESIDENTS across East Devon and West Dorset awoke to sub-zero temperatures today (Monday).
The Midweek Herald recorded a temperature of -4.5 on the Axminster by-pass and -3 at Taunton Cross.
Snow, which fell on the Devon and Dorset border overnight on Friday, is still lying across hills, although it did not settle on roads.
Weather forecasters predict even colder weather to come, with strengthening winds.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help