Cold snap sees temperatures drop to -4.5
Freezing conditions across East Devon and West Dorset.
RESIDENTS across East Devon and West Dorset awoke to sub-zero temperatures today (Monday).
The Midweek Herald recorded a temperature of -4.5 on the Axminster by-pass and -3 at Taunton Cross.
Snow, which fell on the Devon and Dorset border overnight on Friday, is still lying across hills, although it did not settle on roads.
Weather forecasters predict even colder weather to come, with strengthening winds.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink