Collaring funds for bikers
Honiton and District Canine Society shows its fund-raising spirit for the Devon Freewheelers.
Honiton and District Canine Society has been hard at work raising money for the Devon Freewheelers.
Last week, owners and their canine companions held a ringcraft match to send two dogs to compete in the Wiveliscombe Super Match next year ,as well as a small companion show in the Mackarness Hall in Honiton. Entry fees and proceeds from a raffle held during the event will be donated to the Freewheelers.
Patricia Franklin and her Newfoundland Ruby were also on hand to greet Darren Lee, an emergency rider for the charity, who attended the event.
The society has already raised �110 for the charity after holding a collection during Honiton Show.
You may also want to watch:
Members have issued a grateful thank you after its grooming table was returned following an appeal in the Midweek Herald
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home