Collaring funds for bikers
Honiton and District Canine Society shows its fund-raising spirit for the Devon Freewheelers.
Honiton and District Canine Society has been hard at work raising money for the Devon Freewheelers.
Last week, owners and their canine companions held a ringcraft match to send two dogs to compete in the Wiveliscombe Super Match next year ,as well as a small companion show in the Mackarness Hall in Honiton. Entry fees and proceeds from a raffle held during the event will be donated to the Freewheelers.
Patricia Franklin and her Newfoundland Ruby were also on hand to greet Darren Lee, an emergency rider for the charity, who attended the event.
The society has already raised �110 for the charity after holding a collection during Honiton Show.
You may also want to watch:
Members have issued a grateful thank you after its grooming table was returned following an appeal in the Midweek Herald
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event