Vintage jewellery collection up for auction
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 pieces going under the hammer at Honiton in June
Fans of vintage jewellery will get the chance to bid for selection of exquisite pieces that are being auctioned at
Honiton next month.
The Chilcotts' June sale will feature a collection assembled over several decades by Pamela Schneider.
A very successful self-taught antiques dealer, she gave up the business in the early 1990s but still continued buying things for her private collection.
You may also want to watch:
Said auctioneer, Duncan Chilcott: "She had a keen eye for interesting pieces, and there is a variety of styles, from elegant to exuberant."
The collection of around 100 pieces includes diamond, sapphire and emerald rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings, and a stunning choice of silver and enamel brooches featuring designs including birds, butterflies and dragonflies. Pre-auction estimates range from £50 to £2,000.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
The sale starts at 10.30am on June 1 at the Silver Street sale room in Honiton. Viewing is on Thursday, 9.30am to 5pm, Friday 9.30am to 7pm and on sale day from 8.30am. Viewing and live online bidding will also be available via the-saleroom.com