Collection total down at Christmas carnival
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend. Car
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend.
The 'just for fun' event attracted a high number of carnivalites - all dressed with Christmas in mind.
Members of Honiton and District Carnival Committee took part themselves, performing as majorettes behind To The Ball, their award-winning queen float.
Carnival chairman Bill Austin said: "I would like to thank all those who supported the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
"It went off very well. We collected �360 on the night, which is down on last year's total, but the weather was against us."
Honiton Pantomime Society was awarded the spirit of Carnival Cup - the only prize up for grabs on the night.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
After the procession, carnival participants attended a party at the Royal British Legion Club.
It was a heavy weekend for many, with most attending the circuit presentation night, held at Honiton Motel on Friday.