Collection total down at Christmas carnival
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend. Car
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend.
The 'just for fun' event attracted a high number of carnivalites - all dressed with Christmas in mind.
Members of Honiton and District Carnival Committee took part themselves, performing as majorettes behind To The Ball, their award-winning queen float.
Carnival chairman Bill Austin said: "I would like to thank all those who supported the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
"It went off very well. We collected �360 on the night, which is down on last year's total, but the weather was against us."
Honiton Pantomime Society was awarded the spirit of Carnival Cup - the only prize up for grabs on the night.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
After the procession, carnival participants attended a party at the Royal British Legion Club.
It was a heavy weekend for many, with most attending the circuit presentation night, held at Honiton Motel on Friday.