Collection total down at Christmas carnival
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend. Car
DISMAL weather failed to dampen the festive spirit when Honiton hosted its annual Christmas Carnival at the weekend.
The 'just for fun' event attracted a high number of carnivalites - all dressed with Christmas in mind.
Members of Honiton and District Carnival Committee took part themselves, performing as majorettes behind To The Ball, their award-winning queen float.
Carnival chairman Bill Austin said: "I would like to thank all those who supported the carnival.
"It went off very well. We collected �360 on the night, which is down on last year's total, but the weather was against us."
Honiton Pantomime Society was awarded the spirit of Carnival Cup - the only prize up for grabs on the night.
- 1 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 2 'Not if, it's when': Neil Parish says Boris Johnson should go
- 3 Historic charter day back in Honiton this July
- 4 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 8 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 9 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
After the procession, carnival participants attended a party at the Royal British Legion Club.
It was a heavy weekend for many, with most attending the circuit presentation night, held at Honiton Motel on Friday.