Colourful displays at Beer Horticultural Society’s Autumn Show
PUBLISHED: 17:00 11 November 2018 | UPDATED: 09:31 14 November 2018
“Outstanding” quality of exhibits at this year’s exhibition of chrysanthemums, other flowers, fruit, vegetables and home cooking
More than 100 Beer residents and visitors enjoyed the colourful displays of Charm chrysanthemums at the annual Autumn show.
The event on Saturday, November 3 was hosted by the Beer Horticultural Society.
The Mariners’ Hall was filled with rows of the bushy round-topped plants, with their vividly coloured flowers. There were also vegetables, fruit, flower arrangements, photographs and home cooking.
The Horticultural Society’s president, Ursula Makepeace, said the quality in all categories was “outstanding”.
She said: “The Beer Autumn Show is the only one of its kind in the whole of the South West. It is not only interesting because of its wide range of different exhibits, but it has also developed into a delightful social event on a grey November day.”
Beer Autumn Show Trophy Winners and Results 2018
* Best Chrysanthemum in Show Dave Mutter
* Blackmore Cup for best Chrysanthemum Shape in Show Chris Loud
* Alf Boalch Cup for Best Beer Charm Shape Dave Mutter
* Tucker Cup for Best Visitor’s Charm Chris Loud
* Ewing Cup for best vase of chrysanthemums John Lang
* Geoff Hunt Cup for most points in chrysanthemums John Lang
* Best Pot Mum Cup Keith Legg
* Novice Cup Michael Adkin
* Barrel of Beer Cup for best Photograph Henry Jaggers
* Floral Art Cup Anne Robinson
Number of Entries
Charm Chrysanthemums 33
Cut chrysanthemums 14
Pot Mums 9
Flower Arrangements 9
Vegetables and apples 11
Collection of vegetables 14
Beach Art 4
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.