Colyton and Colyford Tories aiming for £1,500
- Credit: Archant
Conservative group raises funds for two worthy causes at its annual clay shoot
Contestants were on target to raise around £1,500 for two worthy causes at Colyton and Colyford Conservatives’ annual clay shoot.
This year’s event was in aid of CLIC Sargent and St Cuthbert’s Church, Widworthy.
Branch chairman Simon Card said it was a successful day and the shoot continued to flourish, having been run for a number of years at Widworthy Barton, Wilmington, by kind permission of Thomas Kremer.
There were around 150 entries and there was an exciting finish, with M Fry winning on 45/50, with Jason Turner and Andy Moon drawing for second place on 44/50. The latter then narrowly won a shoot-out to be runner-up. Mr Kremer presented the prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Card said: “This event continues to attract some really high-calibre shooters and has become a regular event in the local shooting calendar.
“I would particularly like to thank Mr Kremer for again allowing us to use the splendid facilities and also Chris Spiller, from Four Seasons Gun Club, for providing the clays, traps, stands and other equipment. Our sponsors have also been very supportive . The clay shoot would not take place without the tremendous amount of effort put in by Joy Sneath and other locals manning the stands.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis