Colyton Carnival 2011 - PHOTO GALLERY
Spectacular show lights up the night sky.
Colyton bathed in the bright lights of carnival last Saturday.
A sprinkling of light rain at 7pm lifted to ensure the procession went ahead in almost perfect conditions - after an especially depressing weather forecast.
Many Colyton organisations took part - reaffirming the parish’s number one spot for community participation.
It was an especially poignant night for Colyton’s very own heroes of the comedy class, Nunsford Nutters CC, who are on the road this year with Bird Is The Word - probably one of the most original themes you’ll see anywhere this season.
The route worked perfectly and use of barriers was commended by float road crews.
The mighty Sidvale CC took top spot with Yee Ha!, but the real stars of the show were the Nutters and scores of other people from Colyton whose carnival spirit sets the parish apart.
- 1 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 2 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 7 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Click on the link (top right) to view more than 30 pictures.