Colyton Carnival 2011 - PHOTO GALLERY
Spectacular show lights up the night sky.
Colyton bathed in the bright lights of carnival last Saturday.
A sprinkling of light rain at 7pm lifted to ensure the procession went ahead in almost perfect conditions - after an especially depressing weather forecast.
Many Colyton organisations took part - reaffirming the parish’s number one spot for community participation.
It was an especially poignant night for Colyton’s very own heroes of the comedy class, Nunsford Nutters CC, who are on the road this year with Bird Is The Word - probably one of the most original themes you’ll see anywhere this season.
You may also want to watch:
The route worked perfectly and use of barriers was commended by float road crews.
The mighty Sidvale CC took top spot with Yee Ha!, but the real stars of the show were the Nutters and scores of other people from Colyton whose carnival spirit sets the parish apart.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
Click on the link (top right) to view more than 30 pictures.