Colyton Carnival raises over �6,500 on the day
COLYTON Carnival raised over �6,500 on the day – with more money from the week s events to be counted.
COLYTON Carnival raised over �6,500 on the day - with more money from the week's events to be counted.
Committee member Bob Collier said the money would be used locally, such as for a play area at the Memorial Playing Fields.
But he said the actual profit made would not be known until October.
He said: "We start the carnival in earnest in January and work throughout the year. We will know what we've made in October and hold our Annual General Meeting in November/December.
You may also want to watch:
"Thank God for weather like this - it makes an awful lot of difference. So far we're pleased with the events. All the monies are counted on the night and in the bank on Monday - it could be 2am when we finish, but it's tradition. I think it's right and proper that people know because they put in a lot of work and have been generous.
"The money will help the children's play area at the playing fields. It's 'Colyton for Colyton' - this is what carnival's all about.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 7 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 8 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local