Colyton Carnival - ‘wonderful’ cash result
Tributes paid to local organisations that held events during carnival week.
Provisional figures reveal street collections at Colyton Carnival raised �1,620, with a further whopping �4,764 raised during the carnival market.
Ploughman’s lunches netted �347 and afternoon teas �194.
The totals have been hailed by event organisers as “a wonderful result, in view of the present difficult financial times”.
Colyton Carnival Committee has this morning issued a big thank you to everyone who helped or supported events during the week.
Caroline Collier, carnival secretary, said: “In particular, we would like to thank all the organisations which put on events for us.
“Without their help there would be no carnival week.”
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 9 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 10 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
Mrs Collier paid special thanks to those who organised the carnival market.
She said: “The market is our biggest fund-raiser and represents a great deal of work by so many.”