Colyton Community Cafe to help the homeless
- Credit: Archant
Members agree to donate all this year’s profits to the Exeter based charity, St Petrock’s
Colyton’s Community Café is donating this year’s profits to St Petrock’s in Exeter.
The charity helps improve the lives of people who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
Cafe members recently invited one of the team along to tell them more about what they do.
They heard that more and more people are going into St Petrock’s from all over Devon and most often homelessness is caused from relationship breakdown, job loss, eviction, drug, alcohol and mental health issues. Sadly figures showed numbers of people rough sleeping are continuing to rise.
You may also want to watch:
A cafe team member said: “St Petrock’s brings a vital service, helping so many vulnerable people and we pleased that our profits will help a little and emphasise the work of the charity in Colyton.”
To support the cafe join them for coffee, tea and a selection of homemade cakes and biscuits, every Tuesday morning in the Sunday School building next to St Andrew’s between 9.30am to 11.30am.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding