Colyton F1 team on the road to Singapore
- Credit: Archant
Racing car designers will compete in the world finals of the F1 schools’ challenge
A team of sixth formers from Colyton Grammar School has raced into the world finals of the F1 Schools’ Challenge.
After coming third in the UK event at Silverstone racing circuit, they are now heading for the global final in Singapore, when the grand prix takes place there in September.
But the school’s Hawk Racing team needs to raise between £15,000 and £20,000 to compete there.
In the UK finals Captain Eliane Round and her team competed against schools from across the UK to race their 1:20 scale F1 car and design a business related to it, funding their research and development through various campaigns.
You may also want to watch:
Team members included Alex Agnew, graphic designer, Anthony Ford, marketing, and Ian Wu, Jake Lewis and Charlie Kendall as manufacturing, resources and design engineers.
Team sponsors include Envision Tech, Metalysis, MSC Industrial Supplies, and the Association of South Western Motor Clubs. Barden Bearings, of Plymouth, gave £1,000
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
To help with further funding please contact the school.
Team leader Eliane said: “I’m so proud of the whole team. We’ve been working towards this for more than two years and to progress to the international finals in Singapore is an incredible feeling. I can’t wait to compete at that level.”
The public is able to follow the team’s progress in the world final on Twitter@hawkracing2018