Colyton firm celebrates continuing recovery
CeramTec staff thrown a party after company fights its way out of the recession
STAFF at Colyton’s CeramTec factory have been celebrating a sustained turnaround in the company’s fortunes.
The firm is enjoying continued strong growth since the unprecedented low point of mid 2009 – and there are plans to extend its product range.
Like many manufacturing businesses its trading has improved over the last 12 months, recoding activity levels above that prior to the global economic crisis of two years ago.
The factory has received significant investment from its German parent company and won business from competitors, thanks to its improving productivity and current foreign exchange levels.
And there are plans for new ceramic products in the future.
To celebrate the turnaround some 100 members of staff and their families were thrown a party at Colyton playing fields involving a hog roast, fire, free bar and quiz ,with significant thank you prizes for the efforts made towards increased company efficiency.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
The quiz, involved guessing the sales price of a box of one of their main components, and was won by Les Schultz who received an Apple Ipad, Bobby Marks, (Tom-Tom Sat Nav), and Tim White (Ipod Nano).
The party was a big success and the company hopes to make it a regular celebration of improving fortunes as they work towards a brighter future.