Colyton firm celebrates continuing recovery
CeramTec staff thrown a party after company fights its way out of the recession
STAFF at Colyton’s CeramTec factory have been celebrating a sustained turnaround in the company’s fortunes.
The firm is enjoying continued strong growth since the unprecedented low point of mid 2009 – and there are plans to extend its product range.
Like many manufacturing businesses its trading has improved over the last 12 months, recoding activity levels above that prior to the global economic crisis of two years ago.
The factory has received significant investment from its German parent company and won business from competitors, thanks to its improving productivity and current foreign exchange levels.
You may also want to watch:
And there are plans for new ceramic products in the future.
To celebrate the turnaround some 100 members of staff and their families were thrown a party at Colyton playing fields involving a hog roast, fire, free bar and quiz ,with significant thank you prizes for the efforts made towards increased company efficiency.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The quiz, involved guessing the sales price of a box of one of their main components, and was won by Les Schultz who received an Apple Ipad, Bobby Marks, (Tom-Tom Sat Nav), and Tim White (Ipod Nano).
The party was a big success and the company hopes to make it a regular celebration of improving fortunes as they work towards a brighter future.