Colyton historian’s new school project
Pupils hear about their school’s past
LOCAL historian Colin Pady told Colyton Grammar School pupils about his latest project.
He is studying the origins of the school and the role the Feoffees played in building the town’s original school house in the early 17th century.
The highlight of the visit for students was seeing the original accounts ledger from 1612 which details the individual building costs in shillings and pennies.
Unlike modern construction projects, Mr Pady explained that all the building materials for the original school house had been supplied from within a seven mile radius of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pady’s work will link with a major exhibition that is being staged in Colyton next February.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op