Colyton Memory Cafe goes with a swing
- Credit: Archant
Members enjoy an afternoon of music and fun
The March meeting of Colyton, Colyford and District Memory Café went with a swing.
It began with some vigorous seated exercise to music played through the group’s new music system.
Later a small ukelele group - Val, Phil and Cedric - had memebrs singing along and adding percussion to their wonderful renditions of old favourites, such as ‘You are my Sunshine’ and ‘Leaving on a Jet Plane’.
After a break for home-made refreshments there was more music - which developed into a jam session, with a violin and flute accompaniment from two volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Next month the group will be doing some Spring planting with help from The Garden Shop.
The Café is open to anyone experiencing short-term memory loss, or has recently been diagnosed with early dementia, providing an afternoon of fun and laughter. Transport for Colyton and Colyford residents is available through LINK community transport service 0300 123 3345.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
- 3 Friends of St Michael's delighted by community support
- 4 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 5 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 8 Beer Albion top the table with solid win
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Drama aplenty over the rugby weekend
For more information, ring Sue Whitell 01297 599477.