Colyton pupils go into battle
Youngsters learn what the Romans did for everyone
HISTORY was brought to life for pupils at Colyton Primary School last week.
Youngsters in years 4 and 5 dressed in costumes to re-enact a confrontation between the Celts and the Romans.
They had to decide whether to fight the invaders or join with them and live under Roman rule.
They also learnt about what life in the Roman army was like- marching, discipline and working together as a team.
You may also want to watch:
And the day ended with a mock battle between the two sides.
The workshop was led by historian Olly Martin.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert