Colyton race car students invited to Wiscombe Hill Climb
- Credit: Archant
Grammar Scchool’s design and technology department is given 15 free tickets by the Association of South Western Motor Clubs
The design and technology department at Colyton Grammar School has been given 15 complimentary tickets to the Wiscombe Hill Climb at Wiscombe Park on Sunday May 13
They have been donated by the Association of South Western Motor Clubs (ASWMC).
The lucky students will also be given exclusive ‘behind-the-scenes’ access on the day, including opportunities to meet the drivers and mechanics competing in the race, representatives from the ASWMC and the ex-president of the Vintage Sports Car Club.
The ASWMC is looking to encourage young people to develop a passion for motor racing and are keen to train new volunteers to get involved in the club as future marshals, or even judges.
You may also want to watch:
The 60th anniversary event for the Wiscombe Hill Climb will involve two, three and four wheeled vehicles, both modern and historic, competing in the Southwest’s premier speed hill climb.
The ASWMC are a key sponsor of the Colyton Grammar’s ‘Formula One in Schools’ teams, including Hawk Racing, a team of year 13 students who will be competing in the World Finals in Singapore this September.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020