Colyton royal party crowned
Girls raise a thumping �1,250 for carnival funds
COLYTON’S royal party was officially installed as the town’s carnival week got under way on Saturday.
Queen Tia Webber, princess Tessa Collier and princess’ attendant Megan Gilding were crowned by local gardening expert Anne Swithinbank.
The girls won their places by raising money for the carnival.
Tia collected �307, Tessa �816 and Megan �144.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s carnival queen Aleisha Crofts presented Tia and Megan with their sashes and cups while the 2010 prince, Zach Brooker, gave Tessa her prizes.
Members of the local Brownies pack later presented the royal party with bouquets and gave buttonholes to officials and a corsage to Mrs Swithinbank.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
During the opening day various events took place in the town hall with Colyton Scouts staging the first ever Pinewood Derby.
Colyton carnival reaches its colourful climax on Saturday with the illuminated procession from 8pm.