Colyton royal party crowned
Girls raise a thumping �1,250 for carnival funds
COLYTON’S royal party was officially installed as the town’s carnival week got under way on Saturday.
Queen Tia Webber, princess Tessa Collier and princess’ attendant Megan Gilding were crowned by local gardening expert Anne Swithinbank.
The girls won their places by raising money for the carnival.
Tia collected �307, Tessa �816 and Megan �144.
Last year’s carnival queen Aleisha Crofts presented Tia and Megan with their sashes and cups while the 2010 prince, Zach Brooker, gave Tessa her prizes.
Members of the local Brownies pack later presented the royal party with bouquets and gave buttonholes to officials and a corsage to Mrs Swithinbank.
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 3 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 5 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 8 Dorset folk dou performing in Colyton next month
- 9 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
During the opening day various events took place in the town hall with Colyton Scouts staging the first ever Pinewood Derby.
Colyton carnival reaches its colourful climax on Saturday with the illuminated procession from 8pm.