Colyton’s new rector takes up her post
The Bishop of Crediton formally licenses the Rev Hilary Dawson at a packed ceremony
COLYTON’S ancient parish church was packed last night (Monday) as the town’s new rector officially took up her post.
In a colourful service, Rev Hilary Dawson was formally licensed by the Bishop of Crediton, the Right Rev Bob Evens.
The new minister has already taken up residence in the vicarage with husband Richard and teenagers Michael and Eleanor.
She says her priorities in ministry are “the building and developing of strong relationships”.
You may also want to watch:
She sees the most significant challenge facing the church to communicate effectively God’s story and love to the world that “has apparently become disconnected from it, yet still expresses a spiritual longing”.
Mrs Dawson plays the piano and sings when she has opportunity. She includes needlework and walking among her recreations.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event