Colyton’s new rector takes up her post
The Bishop of Crediton formally licenses the Rev Hilary Dawson at a packed ceremony
COLYTON’S ancient parish church was packed last night (Monday) as the town’s new rector officially took up her post.
In a colourful service, Rev Hilary Dawson was formally licensed by the Bishop of Crediton, the Right Rev Bob Evens.
The new minister has already taken up residence in the vicarage with husband Richard and teenagers Michael and Eleanor.
She says her priorities in ministry are “the building and developing of strong relationships”.
You may also want to watch:
She sees the most significant challenge facing the church to communicate effectively God’s story and love to the world that “has apparently become disconnected from it, yet still expresses a spiritual longing”.
Mrs Dawson plays the piano and sings when she has opportunity. She includes needlework and walking among her recreations.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax