Colyton student’s Bard speech triumph
TV...or not TV - that was Shakespeare fan Harry Allbrook’s audition challenge
COLYTON Grammar School student Harry Allbrook has made it to the final eight in the regional heat of the BBC’s “Off By Heart Shakespeare” competition.
The Year 10 student and two of his classmates travelled to Bristol to take part in the auditions for a television programme open to students aged 13-15, which will be transmitted in the Spring.
Competing with 200 other youngsters from across the South West, Harry’s performance of Macbeth’s “Is this a dagger” soliloquy was “superb”, said his English teacher, Fiona Harvey.
Harry, who loves drama, said: “It was nerve-wracking, especially the call-back, but overall a great experience”.
You may also want to watch:
Now he is waiting to hear if he has been chosen to take part in the televised grand final, to be recorded in January.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism