Colyton student wins Duke of Edinburgh Gold
- Credit: Archant
Alice completes a series of tough challenges to gain prestigious honour
A year 12 student at Colyton Grammar School is celebrating after being awarded the prestigious ‘Gold’ Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Alice Bell won the honour after successfully completing all five sections of the challenging programme.
As part of the award, she completed activities such as organ-playing and a four-day walking expedition.
Alice said the social aspect of the award was the most enjoyable part, having completed her volunteering section with a children’s orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
She described the ‘D of E Awards’ experience as one she found ‘thoroughly enjoyable’.
Alice will receive her award at a special presentation at St James’s Palace.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters