Colyton students win their day in court
- Credit: Archant
Grammar school team is named the national mock trial champions
Students from Colyton Grammar School have become national champions in the prestigious Magistrates’ Court Mock Trial Competition.
After months of practice, and winning a regional heat, the team of 12 travelled to the Royal Courts of Justice in London to compete against 11 other schools. It presented two cases - an alleged assault, and an online harassment.
Teacher Justine Solomon, team co-ordinator, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement.
“We are very pleased to regain our title.”
You may also want to watch:
Team members were: Nicola Rye, Archie Kitson, Oliver Skolmli, Alan Gregson-Watkins, Josie Wells, George Tomkins, Zoe Glascow, Megan Goddard, Joe Green, Isabella Holman, Jake Bonetta and Anton Torres.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone