Colyton woman treated for smoke inhalation
Bungalow blaze tackled by two fire crews
A COLYTON woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at her bungalow yesterday (Sunday).
Crews from Colyton and Seaton attended the blaze at Govers Meadow at around 3.30pm.
They used breathing apparatus to tackle a small fire in the bedroom while a woman was treated by an ambulance crew for the effects of breathing in smoke.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “One hose reel and positive pressure ventilation fan was used. There was moderate fire damage to the bedroom and light smoke damage to rest of rooms.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not known.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure