Combe Estate owner supports Honiton Youth Club
- Credit: Archant
Richard Marker, a key supporter of the club, recently visited committee members and youth workers.
The owner of Combe Estate in Gittisham has reaffirmed his support for Honiton Youth Club (HYC) after he recently visited the group.
Richard Marker is a key supporter of the club, and his contribution over the last year has been crucial in ensuring that it not only opened again last September but could employ two professional youth workers.
Mr Marker said: “The young people of Honiton deserve to have a safe environment where they can enjoy a variety of activities that are accessible and fun.
“These HYC evenings help to develop their skills and knowledge, positive attitudes and behaviour all whilst building their self-esteem at an important time in their lives. Combe Estate and the Marker family are committed to supporting initiatives that encourage opportunities for the youth of the area through sport, education or social interaction.
You may also want to watch:
“HYC is a perfect example of providing much needed resources for the development of the local youngsters and we wish it every success.”
The commitment of Combe Estate has extended beyond encouragement to directly funding the cost of employment of two youth workers - Louis Lane and Ali Lawrence.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The pair lead, plan and run the youth club sessions and provide purposeful and constructive activities to young people who attend.
HYC is managed by a committee of volunteers - Henry Brown, Luke Harvey-Ingram, Clare Ashby, Jo Harvey-Ingram, Sharon Holloway, Jo O’Donoghue and Jade Shaw.
A committee spokesman said: “Combe Estate’s support is a real vote of confidence in the work of HYC and what it has set out to achieve for the young people of the town. It is a very real investment in the future of our community.”