Combe Raleigh kennels submits plans for two-storey staff building
- Credit: Archant
A Combe Raleigh kennels and cattery has submitted plans to build a two-storey house for staff members.
Barn Close Kennels, which has on-site provision for 24 cats and 116 dogs, wants to build a three-bedroom house on the site of a dilapidated mobile home near the entry to the kennels.
Its application said: “Such a scheme would enable [owner] Mr Sparks to employ a husband/wife team enabling him to fulfil his legal obligations on animal welfare.”
According the kennels, there is a ‘more necessary’ need to build the house due to the closure of other kennels in the vicinity and expansion of residential properties in ‘the not too distant future’.
Barn Close said the building would have no detrimental effect on its surroundings and will ‘hardly be visible’ from the road on which it is situated.
You may also want to watch:
The application’s fate will be decided by planners at East Devon District Council at a future date.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost