Back by popular demand, classic comedy film Tom Jones at Marine Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The classic 1963 British film Tom Jones is the last-but-one screening in the Tuesday Night at the Movies series at the Marine Theatre, Lyme Regis.
The classic 1963 British film Tom Jones is the last-but-one in the Tuesday Night at the Movies series at the Marine Theatre, Lyme Regis.
It was voted by Lyme residents as the film they would most like to see again at the cinema.
The late Albert Finney and Susannah York starred in this rowdy adaptation of Henry Fielding's novel, scripted by John Osborne.
The comedy mixes the bawdiness of the 18th-century England with the cinematic playfulness of 1960s cinema.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Jones screens on Tuesday, August 13 at 7.30pm.
The bar opens at 6.30pm.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 9 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 10 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
Tickets are available from Lyme Regis TIC or online. at wwwmarinetheatre.com for a price of £6 in advance and £7.50 on the door.